Monday, May 01, 2006

Lipstick & Magazines #54: Grab Bag

Apartment Therapy's Smallest, Coolest Apartment Contest - excellent voyeuristic browsing of very awesome pads - not how the "other half" lives, but how I (and many of my friends) live.

Pimp My Snack - Another reason to be thrilled about visiting London for the first time this winter - I can get my eye on the ingredients people are using to concoct their food treats on this stylin' site. How cool is this Fizzy Cherry?

A new e-card site! Hipster Cards

And finally, a novel I absolutely loved. It's the early 70's. Inez Ruin is growing up, bouncing between So Cal life with her former-Flamenco dancing, gorgeous mom and abuelita and her Nor Cal (North Beach and Marin) life with her somewhat detached counter-culture/computer genius dad and his revolving girlfriends (from young hippies to a wealthy romance novelist). She also has a Mormon best friend, a half-brother who lives on (family legend says) a commune with his crazy mother, and a proper and prim other grandmother. Check out The Ruins of California by Martha Sherrill.

No comments: