Saturday, August 26, 2006

Lipstick & Magazines #63: Look

UC Berkeley has launched Calisphere, which provides access to primary sources including historically themed collections for teachers (Popular Culture, Women in the Workforce, San Francisco General Strike) and specially selected websites created by UC profs, librarians, and researchers (Classic American Food, Bathing Beauties...). Not only is it great to have access to the content, but what an attractive and browseable site! Kudos.

San Francisco Hotel Project - gave me a new appreciation for the grungier and less immediately appealing aspects of my city. These photos by Mark Ellinger, who lives in an S.R.O. on 6th Street, are a must-see.

Fertile Ground Zine - I haven't seen a copy yet, but I love the look of this homegrown parenting publication - reminds me of something that would have been published in the 70s-early 80s (except for the blog and website part).

I like these insulated lunch bags from Reusable Bags.

Melamine ice cream cones and Andy Warhol banana split dishes. Cute cute cute.

No comments: