Saturday, December 16, 2006

Lipstick & Magazines #66: Smart

Obviously people who buy "books by the foot" and in particular shades to match the den are very, very smart. I think this is hilarious and would love to be in charge of color-coordinating the spines for people with this kind of $ to spend - reminiscent of Chris Cobb's art project at Adobe Books in 2004.

Smart people also would be keen on checking out Babes with Books which restores my faith in...something. Too funny.

I would consider anyone who wanted to sew me anything made out of the Japanese fabric at Super Buzzy to be ridiculously keen. Pink hippos!

I received lots of owl gifts and cards at my last birthday, so owls, a symbol of pure smart, are hanging in there as trendy animal of the year, though I'm predicting deer will take the lead in '07.

Reddingk t-shirts are smart. And cute. Their prints, framed, would be a lovely new year's gift as well (too late to order for the December holidays).

Finally, cookbook lovers would be wise to check out Sur La Table's surprisingly lush collection of autographed cookbooks. Seriously, who doesn't want Martha's new Homekeeping Handbook, with a bookplate signed by the mistress of perfection herself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. what a site! thank you so much!!! so many amazing links!

Anonymous said...

You have the best blog. All the stuff I like.

xx
josh