Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Lipstick & Magazines #74: Live


Without a doubt, there is someone in your life who is the perfect recipient for a lovingly wrapped copy of Monkey Portraits by Jill Greenberg. These photos are really amazing as are most of Greenberg's pics of all sorts of hot celebs and animals. Something about that crazy light.

Have you seen these Japanese Baby-crying Contest Photos. I can't quite figure out what I think about this - funny? cruel? At least some of the babies are sleeping through it (how?).

Love love love these Apples and Pears pajamas from The Cat's Pajamas and for the younger ones, a Future Librarian onesie from Buy Olympia. So sweet!

Finally, Love is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time by music writer Rob Sheffield is so lovely I'm taking it as slow as I can, which many know is difficult for speedy-reader me. But he is so spot on about the intersections between love and memory and living a life in our popular culture that I can't bear to finish it too soon. Trust me and read this book.

No comments: